Our sunset kayak tours depart daily in the late afternoon and are the perfect way to end the day!
Enjoying the long shadows of the last light of day, we will paddle in uncrowded waters with seals, porpoise, otters, bald eagles and sea birds and watch spectacular alpen-glow colors paint the icy flanks of Mt. Baker! This is a special time to be on the water, because no one else is. Griffin Bay is a great vantage point for views of the Olympic Mountains and the setting sun falling behind the fields and forests on San Juan Island! The serenity will stay with you for days!
Experienced, knowledgeable and friendly guides and quality equipment will insure a safe and memorable voyage!
NO EXPERIENCE IS NECESSARY!
Cost: $75 per person plus tax. A 50% deposit is due at time of booking with the balance charged 45 days prior to departure date. If you are registering within 45 days of your trip date, full payment is required. Thank you.
Islands Explored: 3
Minimum Age: 8 (with limited space for 8-12 year olds in a triple kayak. Call us before booking. 360-378-4436)
Departure: Times vary by the month. Please call for schedule.
Duration/Distance: 3 hours (kiosk to return). 3 miles. Participants must be in moderate or better physical condition.
Runs daily from April 15 thru Oct 2.
- Harbor seals
- Dall’s and harbor porpoise
- River otters
- Bald eagles
- Many other migratory and local bird species
- Quality sea kayaks (Seascape II’s by NW Kayaks)
- Werner carbon-fiber paddles
- NRS and Extrasport PFD’s
- Snap Dragon Design spray skirts
- ThermaRest seat cushions
- Complimentary dry bags
- Rain ponchos
- Services of an experienced and friendly guide
- Transportation from our Sea Kayak Center kiosk to the launch site and return
- Professional instruction at the beach
- One sun hat with wide brim/visor
- Water shoes (Teva -like sandals, Chacos, aqua socks, wetsuit booties, Crocs, old tennis shoes)
- Warm weather tshirts and shorts with a light jacket
- Cool weather clothing: fleece jacket, polypropylene or Capilene tops, rain pants (full day tours only)
- Rain gear: coat with hood or rain poncho. If you don’t have your own, we can supply you with a rain poncho
- One quart or liter bottle full of water per person (we will carry water for refills)
- Snacks to share with group
- Meet at our kiosk in Friday Harbor(275 A St.) 15 minutes before tour time
- Chart orientation
- Enjoy short shuttle to launch site
- Instruction on beach
- Launch kayaks into Griffin Bay
- Paddle to Dinner Island, Mulno Cove, Low Pt.
- Return to beach
- Shuttle back to kiosk
- We have been leading sea kayak tours since 1980! Our knowledge of tides, winds and wildlife is unmatched!
- We use only quality, state-of-the-art, fiberglass sea kayaks and gear! No wet, slow and uncomfortable plastic boats or heavy, plastic paddles are used on our tours!
- Just a five minute ride to our beach. Paddle more and drive less! Our carbon footprint is the least in the industry!
- Affordable price!
- Fun and professional guides!
- Complimentary storage for luggage, bicycles and extra gear!
- Owners Sally and Tim greet and assist all guests at kiosk
With notice 7 days or more prior to trip date a full refund minus a $25 cancellation fee. With less than 7 days before departure entire payment is retained.
Route Map & Photos
Click to Enlarge